Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, January 25, 2018

The House on Foster Hill Review!!!!!!!

The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright

Book Description:
34020199Kaine Prescott is no stranger to death. When her husband died two years ago, her pleas for further investigation into his suspicious death fell on deaf ears. In desperate need of a fresh start, Kaine purchases an old house sight unseen in her grandfather's Wisconsin hometown. But one look at the eerie, abandoned house immediately leaves her questioning her rash decision. And when the house's dark history comes back with a vengeance, Kaine is forced to face the terrifying realization she has nowhere left to hide. 
A century earlier, the house on Foster Hill holds nothing but painful memories for Ivy Thorpe. When an unidentified woman is found dead on the property, Ivy is compelled to discover her identity. Ivy's search leads her into dangerous waters and, even as she works together with a man from her past, can she unravel the mystery before any other lives--
including her own--are lost?


My Opinion:
WOW!  Nice first book!  This is a great start to Jamie's writing.  She shows excellent skill and talent with the written word.  Though there are a couple of areas where she can and I fully expect her to improve!  For instance some of the scenes seemed to end abruptly and throw me into something completely new.  The story gets a little dark at times, and I found myself LOVING the past story just a touch more than the present, but you know what a fan I am of historical settings versus modern day. ;)  The Spiritual thread throughout is FANTASTICALLY woven in!  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Faith scenes in the story!!!!  Both the past and the present!  The suspense scenes are thrilling!  This was a book I DID NOT WANT TO PUT DOWN!!!  Just when I would tell myself I needed to quit and actually get some sleep something else exciting would happen!!!!  I also loved the format of the chapters.  When you switch time periods the chapter's heading is the name of the character's perspective you're reading from.  I really appreciated this because I new right where I was starting from and could jump right in!  This a heart pounding ride that has excellent endings.  Overall Jamie is one to watch and I can't wait to see what she crafts next!

Songs: "Rescuer" by Rend Collective, "Point To You" by We Are Messengers, "More Than Anything" by Natalie Grant, "Even If" by MercyMe
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 140:1, Psalm 71:4, Psalm 70:1, Psalm 121:1, Job 6:23, 
Psalm 143:9, Psalm 142:6, Psalm 69:18, Psalm 31:15, Psalm 31:2,
Psalm 18:17, Revelation 21:4

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The House on Foster Hill. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment