Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, May 14, 2018

The Ladies of Ivy Cottage Review!!!!!!!

The Ladies of Ivy Cottage by Julie Klassen

Book Description:
34020176
Return to Ivy Hill in The Ladies of Ivy Cottage as friendships deepen, romances blossom, and mysteries unfold.

Living with the two Miss Groves in Ivy Cottage, impoverished gentlewoman Rachel Ashford is determined to earn her own livelihood . . . somehow. When the village women encourage her to open a subscription library with the many books she has inherited or acquired through donations, Rachel discovers two mysteries hidden among them. A man who once broke her heart helps her search for clues, but will both find more than they bargained for?

Rachel's friend and hostess, Mercy Grove, has given up thoughts of suitors and fills her days managing her girls' school. So when several men take an interest in Ivy Cottage, she assumes pretty Miss Ashford is the cause. Exactly what--or who--has captured each man's attention? The truth may surprise them all.

Meanwhile, life has improved at the coaching inn and Jane Bell is ready to put grief behind her. Now if only the man she misses would return--but where is he?

As the women of Ivy Hill search for answers about the past and hope for the future, might they find love along the way?


My Opinion:
Really nice read!  This is the first I've read in the Ivy Cottage series though I'm pretty sure that the first ended like this one, ON A CLIFF HANGER! :O  Yup, that's right, I wanted to scream NOOOOOOO!!!  And then dive right into the next one!  Alas I must wait until December!  The story reflects both Pride and Prejudice as well as Persuasion (which I personally think nearly all REALLY good reads should! ;) LOL!), but I also really felt like The Ladies of Ivy Cottage had a whole Larkrise to Candleford thing going on also!  I was a little lost when starting because I felt as though I should already know all these characters (though I didn't) and because there are so many characters it took me a little while to figure out and remember who was who.  But once I got that all down and figured a few things out about what must have gone on in the first book, I LOVED IT!  The four main ladies are highly entertaining and really endearing!  I felt for them as they go through more changes and decisions.  I LOVED the Faith woven in; from struggles to rock solid Julie expresses it all beautifully!  There are actually a few scenes that will stay with me long after I read them!!!  Add into all this a little mystery, a batch of secrets, and some really heart throbbing romance and you've got a highly entertaining read! :)  I must also give a shout out on that cover!  I LOVE the ladies outfits!  Especially the floral soft crowned bonnet!  I LOVE THAT! :D

Songs: "O'Lord" by Lauren Daigle
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Jeremiah 29:11

~ASC

*I received this book from the author for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Ladies of Ivy Cottage. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment