Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Review: A Cowboy for Keeps

A Cowboy for Keeps A Cowboy for Keeps by Jody Hedlund
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

WOW! This book is so full of romance you better have a fainting couch handy! I was really excited to see Jody had written a western (especially since I have lived on a ranch my whole life and really enjoy reading westerns) and while some of the terms used for the cattle didn't always make sense to me this was a nice western read. There were, I felt, a few lulls in pace at times, and I have learned that there are some scenes Jody writes that can get a little too graphic for my tastes. Though I am getting to where I can recognize them and I skimmed through that part, and I was happy there was just one scene that I personally would have preferred cut a little shorter and not filled with so many details. All in all the chemistry between these to left things smoldering through the story and I did enjoy the Faith scenes of learning to stop running away and giving up when things get tough and that we aren't burdens to The Lord in fact we are supposed to cast our burdens on The Lord. He welcomes us with open arms! And I truly enjoyed how everything ended with the antagonist as well as the surprise twist! The ending of this one left me wanting more as it slipped of into a cliff hanger.

Psalm 55:22

Song:
"Another in the Fire" by Hillsong United, Taya

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment