Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, October 12, 2012

Hearts Unlocked Review

Hearts Unlocked by Beverly Nault

http://www.amazon.com/Hearts-Unlocked-Cherryvale-Thanksgiving-Romance/dp/0615687164/ref=cm_cr-mr-title


Book Description:
Hearts Unlocked: A Cherryvale Thanksgiving RomanceFrom the popular Seasons of Cherryvale, this Thanksgiving romance novella will warm your heart like grandma's pies fresh from the oven. Young social worker, STEPHANIE ALLAN, is new on the job and determined to make it on her own. When handsome movie star, BRANDON MCCALLISTER arrives, he spices things up, triggering all her hot buttons. Will she set aside her pride and open her heart to his playful persistence? Welcome to Cherryvale, where neighbors care, gardeners share, and God allows do-overs. Brick-lined streets, and charming 1900's era storefronts lure tourists and destination travelers for an afternoon of antiquing, kite flying in Cherryvale park, or a visit to Maggie's petting farm. Take a stroll around the CherryPath, a unique artery that winds through homes and past the white steepled church, connecting 'Valers as one in heart and mind,* and then stop in for ice cream sundaes at the Lunch Bucket. You'll never want to leave, and the folks of Cherryvale hope you'll return again and again. (*Acts 4:32) From Fresh Start Stories...because everyone needs one from time to time.

http://www.amazon.com/Hearts-Unlocked-Cherryvale-Thanksgiving-Romance/dp/0615687164/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

My Opinion:
What a GREAT book! Hearts Unlocked is a short story that is full of humor, love, and awesome characters! Beverly Nault's writing is phenomenal and her characters are real and lovable. She makes Brandon the kind of character we hope our favorite movie star truly is (Oh Rupert Grint, if only!). I laughed, I almost cried, and I rooted for Steph's relationships all the way through! I read this book in the Fall and it's perfect. You can almost taste and smell the hot apple cider and pumpkin pie! I have officially fallen in love with Cherryvale and can't wait to return! I also love the cover (and now I want that necklace! LOL!). One issue I had, but it is so minor I breezed over it, was some of the texts. I am text illiterate and I have no clue what some of them where, but I digress! I love the ending and a book with a great ending is always worth the read!

My songs for this book are: "I Want You" by Fefe Dobson and "Leaning On The Everlasting Arms" by Alan Jackson

Exodus 14:14

~ASC




Check out the Review for Autumn Changes: 

Book Two in the Seasons of Cherryvale Here


http://ascphotosanddesigns.blogspot.com/2012/10/autumn-changes-review.html 


Autumn Changes: Book Two in the Seasons of Cherryvale (Volume 2)





















P.S. PLEASE make my day and become a follower of ASC Photos and Designs here on Blogger w/ GFC!  Just click "Join this site" and it'll tell ya what to do!!! ~ASC

2 comments:

  1. Amada,
    I love the scripture and song pairings, what fun! And thank you so much for the comments about Hearts Unlocked. Writing a story about autumn and Thanksgiving was so much fun.
    Cherryvale blessings!
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly! I am SO happy you liked the song choices! I will start reading "Autumn Changes" right away and see what I am inspired with there :)

      Happy writing!

      ~ASC

      Delete