Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, May 6, 2013

Cowboy at Heart REVIEW!!!

*Cowboy at Heart by Lori Copeland 
and 
Virginia Smith


Book Description:

1886--Jesse Montgomery is beginning to feel restless. Though he's grateful to his friends Colin and Emma for helping him get on his feet again after a few bad choices and some hard living, surely the Lord doesn't want him to stay in Apple Grove forever. Doesn't the Almighty have plans for this reformed rowdy cowboy to build a life of his own?
When an unscrupulous cattle baron tries to steal Amish land, Jesse intervenes and is wounded. Lovely Katie Miller, the young healer in the district, attends to him while trying to guard her heart. This sweet Amish widow cannot risk falling in love with an Englisch cowboy, charming though he may be. And yet--she believes God has a life for her too that is more than what she can presently see. Could there be a future with Jesse only He could bring about?




My Opinion:
I LOVED this book. It grabs you from the beginning and opens up a great story with even greater characters. This is the first in this series that I have read and I would LOVE to get and read the previous books. While this is a stand alone book, without too much mention of previous books (but some), when Cowboy at Heart does reference the books that came before it they are explained wonderfully and in a way that makes you feel like you're not missing anything (As I read I found my self wanting to read the other character's stories to see how they got to where they were!). I loved the story line and the way these two authors blend western and Amish together. I have always enjoyed reading Amish books and since I live and grew up on a ranch I'm country to the core! So blending these to themes makes for a wonderful read in my opinion. That is actually what drew me to this book in the first place: the blend of genres, but it was better than I could have thought. Filled with conflict, the right thing to do, and leaning to God's understanding instead of your own. Cowboy at Heart touches on serious issues with great victories, and how what we think and what God has planned can be two VERY different things! :) This has made it to my Favorite Books List! :) Excellent read by two wonderful authors! :)

My songs for Cowboy at Heart are: "Fix me Jesus" by Queen Latifah, "How Great Thou Art" by Carrie Underwood, and "Amazing Grace" by George Jones (R.I.P. George)

Proverbs 3:5

~ASC

* I received this Net Galley copy of A Cowboy at Heart for the purpose of a review.  This in no way affected my opinion of the book, and the above is how I truly feel about A Cowboy at Heart. ~ASC

P.S.  Thank you SO much to Stephanie Bond for the Net Galley!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment