Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, March 2, 2015

Meek and Mild Review!!!!!!!

Meek and Mild by Olivia Newport

Book Description:
The leadership in an Old Order Amish community requires shunning friends and family whose only offense is to embrace the new Protestant practice of Sunday school among the Mennonites, but teaching Bible stories to children is one of Clara Kuhns’ great joys. Clara’s on the verge of saying yes to Andrew Raber’s marriage proposal, but now he is flagrantly refusing to submit to the bishop’s authority by owning a car. When the lot falls to Moses Beachy to become the new bishop, the community waits for him to take bold steps toward change. Clara and Andrew step together into a more progressive Amish faith as the Beachy Amish take form.

My Opinion:
Such an interesting, well written read!  I really wanted to read this book, because I always wondered how the Beachy Amish came about!  The fact that I LOVE Olivia Newport was the cherry on the cupcake! :)  The story within the history is lovely!  I immediately felt for Clara who needs to overcome fears and problems within her home and family as changes unfold around her!  Andrew became a fun and loved character as his curiosity and intelligence came through as well as his kindness, love, and sincerity.  I really love how Olivia also writes from both sides of the controversy, so I can understand why those who are strict think they are in the right to shun!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way Olivia writes!  Her expressiveness draws me in every time, and the situations she writes about are highly interesting!  With all of her amazing character's lives weaving together she sets the pace beautifully!  The wide spectrum of characters include many that I love, some that my heart aches for, and some that aggravate! :D  I did find that I wanted to know more about what happened to some characters, but I LOVE where the book ends and how it comes full circle in a way.  I can't wait for more from this fabulous author who is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites!!!!  Filled with historical detail, Meek and Mild is a wonderful story with Faith, love, controversy, hope, fear, family, friendship, change, and much more!  I highly recommend this entertaining and interesting read!

Songs: "Leaning On the Everlasting Arms / 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus (Medley)" from David Crowder Band, "I Am Not Alone (Live)" by Kari Jobe, and "The Proof Of Your Love (The Monologue Mix)" by for KING & COUNTRY
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Romans 12:18

~ASC

*I received this book from Barbour for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Meek and Mild. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment