Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Red Door Inn Review!!!

The Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson

Book Description:
Marie Carrington is running from a host of bad memories. Broke and desperate, she's hoping to find safety and sanctuary on Prince Edward Island, where she reluctantly agrees to help decorate a renovated bed-and-breakfast before it opens for prime tourist season.

Seth Sloane didn't move three thousand miles to work on his uncle's B&B so he could babysit a woman with a taste for expensive antiques and a bewildering habit of jumping every time he brushes past her. He came to help restore the old Victorian--and to forget about the fiancée who broke his heart.

The only thing Marie and Seth agree on is that getting the Red Door Inn ready to open in just three months will take everything they've got. Can these two wounded souls find hope, healing, and perhaps a bit of romance on this beautiful island?

Step into the Red Door Inn, a lovely home away from home tucked along the north shore of fabled Prince Edward Island. It's a place where the wounded come to heal, the broken find forgiveness, and the lonely find a family. Won't you stay for the season?


My Opinion:
Excellent!  This book had me at Prince Edward Island! LOL!  Ever since Anne I've loved this location for a great book and that's exactly what this is a GREAT book!  This is my first from Liz and I'm happy to say I'll be watching for her other works!  There was a time when it took me a little while to get going with this one, but once I understood what was going on I was off and running!  Healing is the heart of this story all the way around!  These characters have suffered pain in some form or another and it has left their lives in turmoil.  But as God brings them closer together healing starts to take root.  But can they get the Red Door Inn finished in time or will all their work be for naught?!  I love the town, the characters, the antiques, bakery, and church.  I just really enjoyed this book! :)  And I can't wait for the next in this series!

Song: "The Hurt & The Healer" by MercyMe

Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Red Door Inn. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment