Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Freedom's Price Review!

Freedom's Price by Catherine Johnson

Book Description:
32510891
When Englishwoman Catherine Haynes loses both her parents and her home in 1856, she decides to cross the Atlantic to find her American mother's family in Louisiana. She enlists the help of Tom Worthington, a dashing Key West man who makes his living salvaging wrecked ships, but whose real goal in life is to bring to justice the man who stole his father's ship and caused his untimely death.

When Catherine finally arrives at her family's plantation, she finds it in disarray and her family absent landowners. 


Torn between returning to Key West with Tom or beginning the hard work of restoring the plantation, Catherine soon finds herself snared in a plot to steal her inheritance. When an incredible secret comes to light, both she and Tom will face a choice. Can they relinquish the dreams that have been holding them captive in order to step forward in faith--even if it costs them everything?

My Opinion:
I'm torn with this one. :/  The first part of the book is AMAZING!!!  It captures the imagination as we return to Key West and some of my favorite characters!  And Catherine starts out as a strong and really cool character to!  The mystery was intriguing and the whole situation was very interesting.  Plus the Faith messages, when there were some, were lovely!  But then towards the end of the book it just kinda fell off in my opinion.  Catherine seemed to get weaker instead of stronger and there were scenes that I think didn't make a whole lot of sense.  I also felt like it was a tad too long, and that if it had ended sooner it would have been better.  I'm happy I read the first part of this book, and I really enjoyed it.  But, personally, I wish the end had been different and not taken so long.

Songs: "Fearless" by Jasmine Murray and "Press On" by Mandisa
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 28:7

~ASC

*I received this book from the author for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Freedom's Price. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment