Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, July 20, 2018

The Seafaring Women of the Vera B

The Seafaring Women of the Vera B
by Susan Page Davis and James S. Davis


Book Description:
28962647With the Vera B’s captain dead in Melbourne, Australia, Alice Packard thinks the worst has happened, until she learns the crew has deserted her husband’s ship in favor of the goldfields. 

Only one old man, Gypsy Deak, sticks by her, but Gypsy alone can’t raise a crew from the depleted population. In desperation, Alice turns to the only source of plentiful workers: the women of Melbourne.
In a bold move, she and Gypsy empty a brothel, promising the escaped women a new life. 

Her all-woman (save one) crew put their backs and hearts into the voyage, but Alice finds training her sailors much harder than she expected. Her faith is tested to the limit. With a cargo to sell, angry brothel and tavern owners in pursuit, pirates to evade, and a mysterious stowaway, will the seafaring women of the Vera B. survive to tell the tale of this daring adventure?

My Opinion:
I LOVE THIS BOOK!  WOW WOW WOW WOW What an adventure this is!  But I NEED MORE!  This is one of those books that I had to FORCE myself to put down so that I could....you know....sleep! ;)  And then I would just lay there wide awake longing to pick it back up and wondering what was going to happen to these characters next!  It is one great scene after another.  I LOVE the Faith threads!  I will say that some might find quite a bit of blood shed towards the end, but no more then when you watch an old western, or the old 1960 Swiss Family Robinson.  In fact it reminded me SO much about our old classic addition of Swiss Family Robinson that I had to pop it in and watch it! ;)  But there's cliff hangers in this book and I'm LONGING for MORE!  I LOVE so many of these women and the whole concept of this story!  The fact that they're leading these women to a better life and Faith, is fantastic!  But then you throw in all the adventure and well written descriptions and this becomes a book I could read again and again!!!!  If you're looking for a story filled with Faith, pirates, sailing, strong female leads, a touch of romance, humor, excitement, and SO much more, then this is the book for you!

Songs: Amazing Grace
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

John 20:31

~ASC

*I received this book from the author for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Seafaring Women of the Vera B. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment