Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, May 26, 2014

Stranded Review!!!

Stranded by Dani Pettery

Book Description:
When her friend vanishes from a cruise ship, reporter Darcy St. James isn't satisfied with their explanation that she simply left her job of her own accord. Something isn't lining up, and Darcy believes the only way to find the truth is to put herself in Abby's position. Within days, Darcy learns her friend wasn't the only person to disappear mysteriously. Last summer, a woman vanished under almost identical circumstances. 

Gage McKenna has taken a summer-long stint leading adventure excursions for the passengers of various cruise lines that dock for a few days of sightseeing. He's surprised to find Darcy working aboard one of the ships, investigating a troubling report. Something sinister is going on and the deeper they dig the more Gage fears they've only discovered the tip of the iceberg


My Opinion:
A nice read.  I really enjoyed this next book in the Alaskan Courage series from Dani Pettery.  I loved Darci's return and Gage's spiritual growth in this installment.  The mystery keeps you guessing for a while, but this one was a little slower paced for me until a high suspense and dangerous scene would be thrown into the mix!  I did get a little frustrated with the naivete of the characters.  At times this led them to fall for things and land in dangerous situations that could have been prevented, but they did add to the suspense of the story. :)  I really love how Dani writes about God and her characters relationship with Him; also pointing out that we can't control what others do.  There were a few things that I wish had ended differently especially with her friend, but the overall book was a good read.  I LOVE all of the McKenna siblings and I really loved how more was revealed about Jake's past! ;)  Excitement, betrayal, adventure, danger, and mystery, await you!

Songs: "Carry Me" by Josh Wilson, 
"Softly And Tenderly" by Alan Jackson, 
and "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" by Randy Travis 

( and here's two more that I saw on Dani's list and thought "Oh yeah those really go"! ;) ) 
"Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies]" by Chris Tomlin 
and "Bless The Broken Road (Remastered Version)
by Rascal Flatts

P.S. And one thing I really enjoy about Dani Pettery is she has her own soundtracks for her books!!!  
Here's where you can find them!
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 93:4, Psalm 56:3

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Stranded. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment