Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, October 29, 2015

Defying Normal Review!!!!!!!

Defying Normal: Soaring Above the Status Quo 
by Skip Heitzig and Jeff Kinley

Book Description:
It's tough being a Christian today. So much has changed in the social and moral landscape of our nation that believers feel like strangers in their own culture. The temptation to compromise one s character and beliefs for the purpose of fitting into this new world grow stronger every day. Yet, we want to please God by staying faithful to His Word. Defying Normal challenges readers to exercise self-control, live out their faith in all situations, act with humility, and stand by biblical principles to rise to new levels of the Christian experience.

My Opinion:
Excellent study!  Skip Heitzig is the pastor that I consider my pastor! :) He preaches and teaches in a way that really makes sense to me and brings deeper understanding of scripture! His televised sermons are something that my family and I look forward to on Sunday mornings! So when I got the chance to review one of his books I jumped at it! From the introduction the lesson really peaked my interest! This book will also become our family Sunday school study that we will gather together for next! :) I love the way it is broken down into subheadings in each chapter, and I absolutely love how God moves through Skip bringing a deeper revealing of scripture and clearer understanding of the lessons within God's word! Love the lessons, love the way it's written! I definitely recommend it! :)

Songs: "
Where I Belong" by Building 429 
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Daniel

~ASC

I requested and received this book for the purpose of reviewing it. This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Defying Normal! ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment