Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A Refuge Assured Review Part 2!

A Refuge Assured by Jocelyn Green

Book Description:
35069159
Vivienne Rivard fled revolutionary France and seeks a new life for herself and a boy in her care, who some say is the Dauphin. But America is far from safe, as militiaman Liam Delaney knows. He proudly served in the American Revolution but is less sure of his role in the Whiskey Rebellion. Drawn together, will Liam and Vivienne find the peace they long for?







My Opinion:
The story takes a turn.  Though I wish more details about the process of lace making were in the book, Vivienne's occupation has taken a turn, and while I understand the circumstances of history cause this I still hold out hope for more as the book progresses!  And now the mystery has kicked in (though I will say I find interest in her new endeavors as well ;) )!  There are many intriguing elements to this story, and interesting characters.  There are still some scenes that are a touch too dark for me, but once again that's my own personal preference.  I freely admit I prefer a lighter and more humorous style of writing, but I do require some meat to the story as well.  Not everything needs to be sunshine, but too much shadow and darkness weighs me as a reader as well.  For me Jocelyn rides the edge of too much shadow though that's for me personally. 

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about A Refuge Assured. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment