Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The Pirate Bride Review!!!!!!!

The Pirate Bride Review by Kathleen Y'Barbo

Book Description:
35658894
The last time New Orleans attorney Jean-Luc Valmont saw Maribel Cordoba, a Spanish nobleman's daughter, she was an eleven-year-old orphan perched in the rigging of his privateering vessel proving herself as the best lookout on his crew. Until the day his infamy caught up with them all and innocent lives were lost. 

Unsure why he survived but vowing to make amends, Jean-Luc has buried his past life so deep that no one will find it-until a very much alive and very grown up Maribel Cordoba arrives on his doorstep and threatens all he now holds dear. 

Twelve years after Maribel was pulled from the sea and deposited in an orphanage, hazy memories and vaguely recollected stories all collide in the presence of a man she never really forgot. But falling in love with Maribel could cost Jean-Luc everything.

My Opinion:
WHAT AN ADVENTURE!  This was my first from Kathleen and I LOVED IT!  There are some things that I'm not sure line up with the book description and what's actually in the story as far as years (11 vs 12), but as long as you don't get too technical (like apparently I just did) LOL! that was the only thing (and perhaps I'm just confused on the matter)! ;)  I also feared that I wouldn't like the age difference between the two characters that were to fall in love, but Kathleen worked it in a way that I found myself not minding it really at all.  And let's face it, in this time period it was the norm.  Anyways I first fell in love with the characters and then I fell in love with the adventure!  And then Kathleen TOTALLY BLEW ME OUT OF THE WATER with her twists and turns in the plot!  I also LOVED how long the book was, there are so many books that I feel sacrifice quality for quantity, wanting to hold 400 pages, but they fill those extra pages with too much detail that bog down the story.  Not so with The Pirate Bride, while it might not be as long and drawn out as some of those books, I would rather read one of this quality personally!  If you're looking for a grand adventure on the high seas that has many wonderful characters (so much so that it reminded me loosely of A Princess Bride) then this is the story for you!    

Songs: "All My Hope (feat. Tauren Wells)" by Crowder
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Jeremiah 29:11

~ASC

*I received this book from Barbour for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Pirate Bride. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment