Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, March 10, 2022

Fava beans

Matthew 28:6 KJV 
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

It was my first time growing Fava beans.  I prayed and pressed the giant seed into the soil, watered it, and waited.  I was so excited when that first shoot shot up through the ground!  Like many other beans it grew quickly, so fast in fact it was like you could see it growing before your very eyes!  LOL!  But even as it grew taller and taller, and even though it put on these cute little pairs of leaves marching up the stock, that was it...no flowers....not beans.  Still I patiently tended, waited, and watched.  Then wonder of wonders a second shoot shot up out of the ground from the base, and the original stock's leaves started to brown and die.  As it died the new stock grew and became strong and lovely just like the first stalk had started.  After prayer and a desire to have the plant put forth it's energy towards the life instead of the dying stalk I cut away the original stalk.  "Now it will flower and produce beans!" I thought, but alas I watched as, just like the first stalk, the second stalk grew up tall, but didn't flower.  Pressing on I watered, prayed, watched some more.  And what do you know a third stalk started growing!  Just like the first stalk the second started to die and become brown while the new stalk thrived and grew.  Just like the first two stalks this new one grew the sweetest pairs of leaves marching up the stalk, but the other day I looked and there they were THE FLOWERS!  At least three of the prettiest black and white flowers I've ever seen sat at the top of the stalk!  And then it struck me at how this is a picture of Easter!  After Jesus was laid in the tomb those two days must have been excruciation for those that loved Him.  Life went on, but the death, disappointment, and shock remained.  But then on that third day Jesus arose from the dead and as a reminder there on the third stalk sits those beautiful blooms and promise of new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment