Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Review: My Enemy, My Heart

My Enemy, My Heart My Enemy, My Heart by Laurie Alice Eakes
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

-For me this story needs A LOT more Christian elements. I longed for Scripture, prayer, even thinking about The Almighty and what He would want them to do in certain situations, but only a few mentions of church, a Bible, and praying are mildly included. There were even times I wanted to scream and the characters PRAY ABOUT IT!
-I love the characters, mostly the female ones though, as I found personalities I could relate to and the flaws in the male lead rubbed me the wrong way at times! Most times he is not my favorite.
-The settings are fantastically written and highly entertaining.
-This is one of the most unique stories I have come across and I found myself completely surprised at the turns it took at times. Though I will say at times there were scenes, things, decisions, I wanted to be completely different.
-Drama drama drama LOL!
-As a Christian woman that is single I appreciate Laurie's "fade to black" moments when it comes to the two main characters marital relations, though still a lot of the scenes and language is more risqué than I like. This is definitely not for younger audiences.
-Overall I'm not sure this can be classified as a Christian fiction book and I REALLY would have enjoyed it more if there where A LOT of Christian elements with in the story instead of the few off handed mentions of prayer and church.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment