Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, November 9, 2013

Beloved Review!!!

Beloved by Robin Lee Hatcher

Book Description:
Diana is ready to begin a new chapter in her life-until the husband she believed dead reappears at her engagement party.

Diana Brennan came west on the orphan train and was given a home with a loving couple who cherished and spoiled her. At 17, she fell hard for Tyson Applegate, the son of a wealthy mine owner. After a whirlwind courtship and marriage, Tyson took off for adventures around the world, including fighting with the Rough Riders in Cuba. Receiving no word from him in years, Diana's infatuation with her dashing husband died an ugly death, and she is ready to move past the old pain and marry again, just as soon as Tyson is declared legally dead.

But when Tyson returns, claiming to be a changed man, he wants to reunite with his wife and run for the senate. While Diana suspects the election is his real reason for wanting her by his side, she agrees to maintain his home and to campaign with him, but when it is over, win or lose, she wants her freedom.

He agrees with one condition---she must give him a chance to change her mind about him.

Purchase a copy: http://ow.ly/qb0G2

Meet the author: Robin is the author of 65+ novels and novellas. Her home is in Idaho, where she spends her time writing stories of faith, courage, and love; pondering the things of God; and loving her family and friends.

Learn more at:http://www.robinleehatcher.com


My Opinion:
A nice read!  I really enjoy reading Robin's writing and Beloved is just what I have come to expect from her.  It is a story that is a unique concept and a lovely tale!  I like the way it is written in that there is a back and forth flow in each chapter filling me in on the past as I'm with the characters in their present.  I love the message within of how finding a relationship and true salvation with and in Jesus can change people so thoroughly including Tyson from a selfish, hurtful, overall bad guy to the loving humble hero you come to love, all in the same story!  The characters are great and the pace of the story is wonderful.  There are unexpected elements in this book that I absolutely loved; such as Diana taking in creatures that need her care and love.  I really love this plot with it's "will she forgive and move on with her husband or has he just hurt her too deeply".  I also love that Robin places twists in the story that I didn't see coming!  I think is a really good read!  I really enjoy the end and reading this book made me want to read the first two in the series and meet the other two main characters, but this is also a great stand alone (I just want more after the glimpse from the other great characters!)!  I truly enjoy all of Robin's books that I have read so far, and I love that I can always expect a good read and not be disappointed when I pick up her books!  A great heartwarming book!

Songs: "As the Deer (Panteth for the Water)" by Jim Hendricks, "String Symphony No. 7 in D Minor: II. Andante amorevole" by String Armonie Ensemble, Stefano Seghedoni, and "Dawn" by Jean-Yves Thibaudet

1 John 4:11

~ASC

*I received a copy of this book for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above is my honest thoughts and feelings on Beloved. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment