Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, October 14, 2021

Review: Can't Help Falling

Can't Help Falling Can't Help Falling by Kara Isaac
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
God led me to read this book, and I am SO happy He did, and that His timing is PERFECT!  I needed this book at just this time!  While I am a Narnia fan I've never really been a huge one.  No where near these two characters.  Though lately I have felt led toward C.S. Lewis and his writings.  I have learned so much!  Case in point a lot like Peter in this story I was unaware what happened to Susan in the end of the Narnia books and so I dug deeper.  She lost her place in Narnia because she fell away from the Faith.  Boy doesn't that sound familiar today?  Digging even deeper The Lord led me to find that C.S. Lewis intended to give Susan her own story and I really think it would have been a story of redemption; where she came back to believing and would have made it to Narnia.  But there is a warning in that to.  In Isaiah 55:6-7 we are told to: Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 
And so if you'll pardon my old country saying, we all need to make hay while the sun shines and come to Jesus while He may be found because we NEVER know when our clock runs out.  C.S. Lewis was called Home to be with Jesus before he could write Susan's story here on earth.  So in a matter of speaking as a fictional character she is forever lost.  Quite eye opening if you truly think about it, but then here comes this book.  And please bare with me, I know you're probably thinking what does this have to do with a review about Kara's Can't Help falling, well hopefully I can bring it full circle here.  As I was reading this story it dawned on me that if you see Emelia as a Susan then Kara actually wrote Susan's redemption story.  When it is said that Emelia is any Pevensie except a Susan, I must kindly disagree.  I think she is exactly a Susan, but a Susan that didn't wait too long to come Home, surrender to Jesus, accept His gift of Salvation and a place in His land.  When you look at it like that you'll find the beauty of the redemption story within these pages!  I LOVED Emelia or Emmie as I called her in my mind.  Her many layers and talents entertained me completely!  I fell hard for Peter just like Emmie and then there's the addition of Allie and Jackson!  Oh my, I'm not much of a contemporary fan, but this one is one of my favorite books I've read in the genre and beyond!  I also must say I LOVE how Kara exposes and teaches about living as Christians in relationships in modern day settings such as showing the examples and pain that comes from unequale yoking and living purely until marriage.  It was amazingly important and written in a way that I think would be a GREAT teaching tool for young adults.  Overall I am so Thankful to God that I was meant to read this book and I HIGHLY recommend it!

Isaiah 55:6-7

Songs:
Look What You've Done by Tasha Layton
My Jesus by Ann Wilson
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment