Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Snow on the Tulips Review!!!

Snow on the Tulips by Liz Tolsma

Book Description:
A stranger's life hangs in the balance. But to save him is to risk everything.
The war is drawing to a close, but the Nazis still occupy part of the Netherlands. After the losses she's endured, war widow Cornelia is only a shadow of the woman she once was. She fights now to protect her younger brother, Johan, who lives in hiding.
When Johan brings Gerrit Laninga, a wounded Dutch Resistance member, to Cornelia's doorstep, their lives are forever altered. Although scared of the consequences of harboring a wanted man, Cornelia's faith won't let her turn him out.
As she nurses Gerrit back to health, she is drawn to his fierce passion and ideals, and notices a shift within herself. Gerrit's intensity challenges her, making her want to live fully, despite the fear that constrains her. When the opportunity to join him in the Resistance presents itself, Cornelia must summon every ounce of courage imaginable.
She is as terrified of loving Gerrit as she is of losing him. But as the winter landscape thaws, so too does her heart. Will she get a second chance at true love? She fears their story will end before it even begins.

Purchase a copy:
 http://ow.ly/q92YR

Meet the author:
 Liz Tolsma has lived in Wisconsin most of her life, and she now resides next to a farm field with her husband, their son, and their two daughters. Add a dog and a cat to that mix and there's always something going on at their house. She's spent time teaching second grade, writing advertising for a real estate company, and working as a church secretary, but she always dreamed of becoming an author. 

She'd love to have you visit her at
www.liztolsma.com.

My Opinion:
What a fabulous book!  Excellent writing and wonderful suspense I didn't want to put it down!!!  The battle and over all war is expressed so thoroughly I felt like I was right there beside the characters.  This is such a fabulous journey that I love all the more after finding out the real life aspects to the story!  Liz has become one of my new favorite authors!  From the pain and fear expressed in the beginning grows a strong, faith filled, and brave story and characters.  I am nearly speechless thinking about this wonderful book.  I love all of the characters from the brave Cornelia to the spunky Frau de Bruin!  I learned so much about the war and loved the Spiritual messages throughout!  These pages are filled with love, faith, courage, suspense, sadness, pain, beauty, fear, and protection from The One that can protect us from everything by using instruments only He can control!  From the beginning I loved the twists and they kept coming all the way through, and there is so much more than what the book description lets on.  I loved all the different characters and how they all come together in ways that I didn't see coming.  This is a Must Read that has made it to my Favorite Books list!  It is a story that can't be missed and I can't recommend this book enough!  Liz Tolsma takes you on an amazing journey that will keep you turning the pages and wanting more even after it's over.  I can't wait for her next book! 

Songs: "We Gather Together" by Union Of Sound, "Leaning On The Everlasting Arms" by Alan Jackson, "Believer" by Audio Adrenaline, "My Deliverer" by Mandisa, and "Carry Me" by Josh Wilson


and while I don't think all of this song goers with this book the chorus does and I just had to add it! :) "Overcomer" by Mandisa


Psalm 56


~ASC


*I received this book for the purpose of publishing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above is how I truly feel about Snow on the Tulips. ~ASC



No comments:

Post a Comment